Moore & Parker Funeral Homes has been serving the Augusta, Brooksville, Germantown and Maysville area community for many years. We’re thankful to be an important part of this community and will continue our longstanding legacy of helping families honor their loved ones.
Moore & Parker Funeral Home was founded in 1925 by Hensley W. Moore and his wife Mildred Crawford Moore. At that time, the embalming was done in the home of the deceased. The visitations were also generally held at the home and the funerals were held at the deceased’s church.
In 1931 John S. Parker joined the firm as a partner and in 1936 moved to Fourth Street in Augusta, Kentucky to open the Moore & Parker Funeral Home in that location. In 1937, he married Elizabeth Jett and in 1948 they moved to the present location at 305 Elizabeth Street in Augusta.
In 1974, John G. Parker (son of John S and Elizabeth Parker) and his wife, Donna Hedgecock Parker, and their daughter Regina moved to a new location in Brooksville after remodeling the former home of his grandparents, Garrett and Mollie Jett. This location afforded more room and a larger parking area.
In 1987 Moore & Parker Funeral Homes purchased the McCarty and Ware Funeral Home in Brooksville and consolidated it into the present location.
In 2000, the Germantown location was purchased by Moore & Parker Funeral Homes and continues in operation today under the name of Palmer Funeral Home in affiliation with Moore & Parker Funeral Homes.
In 2015, a Maysville location was added at 303 East Maple Leaf Road, at the corner of Maple Leaf Road and the AA Highway.
Hensley and Mildred Moore